MDB, Inc. is a strategic consulting firm providing communication, information management, public education and engagement, and policy analysis services for government agencies, nonprofits, and corporations. As the result of continual growth, MDB has a professional opportunity for a full time mid-level Research Specialist/ Librarian for projects in support of human and ecological health programs at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS). This position will be located in our Durham, NC office.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Research Specialist/Librarian will be responsible for conducting literature searches and database analyses to compile information relevant to environmental health science topics. The Research Specialist/Librarian will also be responsible for the effective organization and maintenance of a diverse collection of digital content.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support senior staff to conduct research and analyses related to environmental public health topics.
- Use database tools to conduct searches to compile summaries of NIEHS-wide of research activities.
- Conduct extensive literature reviews in PubMed and Web of Science and create annotated bibliographies in EndNote.
- Support work to maintain a MS SharePoint repository of diverse materials relevant to environmental health science.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and executing all phases of projects. Oversee schedules to ensure the accomplishment of specified milestones within budgetary restrictions.
- Ensure project goals are achieved according to client expectations
- Anticipating, recognizing, and resolving issues.
The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in library or information science, an advanced degree in biological or environmental science, and 1-3 years of relevant experience. Additionally, the incumbent will need:
- Strong research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Expertise to develop and maintain an organizational framework for materials related to environmental health sciences including experience with indexing and taxonomy development.
- Ability to conduct extensive literature searches and compile matrices to summarize findings.
- High-level writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; SharePoint experience a plus.
MDB, Inc. offers a steady and challenging career path. We have tremendous opportunities for those self-starting professionals who are looking for a challenge. If you like a fast-paced, high performance work environment, make MDB your first choice!
If you think your professional background is a match of our requirements, please visit http://www.michaeldbaker.com/about_careers.html. Submit your cover letter and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Research/Librarian 03-2012″ and your last name in the subject line of the e-mail.
MDB, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.